Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor
Frank Walton, 25, (left) of Raymond, John Ahern, 23, of Epping and Charley Ann Martin, 24, of Raymond were charged with robbing a contractor last Wednesday. (COURTESY)
Frank Walton, 25, of Main Street in Raymond, John Ahern, 23, of Jacob Wells Road in Epping and Charley Ann Martin, 24, of Hummingbird Lane in Raymond were taken into custody on Friday on a variety of charges in connection with the robbery, according to police.
The trio remained held on cash bail at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood. They are expected to be arraigned this week in 10th Circuit Court, Candia Division.
Police said Walton, Ahern and Martin solicited the contractor through Craigslist, asking him to complete an estimate on some work.
When the contractor arrived at the home on Wednesday, he was robbed at knifepoint, police said.
Police were called to an area of Route 27 and Hummingbird Lane on Wednesday at 11:10 a.m. for a report of an assault involving several people.
Sgt. David Spinney arrived on the scene first and was told that one of the suspects, armed with a knife, had fled the area.
Officers notified Raymond High School that a search for the suspects was happening nearby, so the school could be put "in a secure state," police said. Police searched an area behind Hummingbird Lane for roughly 40 minutes then notified the school to resume normal activities.
Police located the three suspects after an intense search of the home used in the robbery, and the area behind the house.
The victim sustained minor injuries.
Walton was charged with criminal restraint. Ahern was charged with robbery, criminal restraint, criminal threatening with a deadly weapon and possession of a controlled drug. Martin was charged with criminal restraint, attempt to commit robbery and hindering apprehension.
Police said they developed enough evidence on Friday to obtain arrest warrants.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483