Groton Wind farm operator agrees to meet state demands
The state fire marshal has informed the Site Evaluation Committee (SEC) that his office has reached agreement with the Spanish energy company, whose plant has been the subject of complaints from abutters and a state investigation since it went online in December 2012.
The Attorney General's Office, he said, is still pursuing its complaints that the company acted unlawfully in moving its operations and maintenance building from the area cited in the plan approved by the Department of Environmental Services. The fire marshal, too, filed complaints about the relocation of the building from one side of Groton Hollow Road to the other.
"Out of respect for the ongoing SEC process, we can't elaborate at this moment, but Iberdrola Renewables and Groton Wind take public safety very seriously and we are working diligently to bring these matters to a swift resolution," said Iberdrola's Paul Copleman.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Local author to talk about soul, spirituality - 0
- Church of Our Saviour to host harp concert following Christmas fair - 0
- Keene church to host talk on fair pay - 0
- Historic bell to ring again at Manchester church - 0
- Right Rev. Mark Dyer, Episcopal bishop and Manchester native, dies at 84 - 0
- Peterborough approves plans for construction of Buddhist temple - 0
- Vendors cry foul as Vatican reins in papal blessings sales - 0
- Grace Ministries to host its annual Christmas Tea - 0
- NH Religion Briefs: Musical set for Dec. 7 in Temple Town Hall - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection