Home » News » Public Safety
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
"It appears, from what we know so far, that it was an unfortunate tragedy," said Rob Farley of the state Fire Marshal's Office. "It appears, at this time, that the victim came into contact with a power line."
Farley said an autopsy scheduled for Monday will provide authorities with a positive identification of the man.
Keene firefighters went to 110 Krif Road at 2:20 p.m. for a report of a possible electrocution with a power line down. The property is adjacent to the Keene State College Athletic Complex.
As Keene fire units and police officers were responding, they learned there was also a brush fire at the scene.
The on duty shift commander, Capt. Robert Diluzio Jr. immediately requested dispatch to notify PSNH to respond.
When firefighters arrived at 2:23 p.m., they found an adult patient down in close proximity to a high voltage line and an active brush fire.
"Crews were unable to safely reach the patient at first due to the close proximity of patient to high voltage line. The incident has resulted in the death of one adult male subject," Keene Fire Chief Mark Howard said in a press release Saturday.
The Keene Fire Department Fire Investigation Unit, Keene police, the state Medical Examiner's office and the state Fire Marshal's office are working jointly on scene investigating the incident, he wrote.
The Marlborough and Swanzey fire departments assisted with station coverage while Keene fire units were on scene. PSNH crews also assisted Keene personnel on scene.
Staff reporter Tim Buckland contributed to this report.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two men hurt as woman drives into Friendly's entrance - 0
- Vehicle crash on South Willow Street injures two - 1
- Manchester woman accidentally rolls car into Candia pond - 0
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Keene boy hit by truck remains hospitalized - 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Shrine team girds for Vt.'s ground attack - 0
- On Baseball: Fishers prospects sweat out deadline day - 0
- Goffstown ready for LL regional tourney - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat -- Message is clear: Offense needs boost - 0
- Marina dealers say boat sales are on the rise - 0
- Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents - 0
- John Stossel: Healthy profits? - 0
- Clinton vs. speech: Bullying first; what next? - 0
- Another View - Charles Lane: Your money is being spent by dead people - 0
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
Another View -- Gilles Bissonnette, William Christie, Alan Cronheim and Benjamin Siracusa Hillman: Why voting in NH is not reserved for state residents
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Market Basket customers mobilize
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Police held Abby suspect's guns
Punch line: The NFL blows it