action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:0
All Sections
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67
Welcome guest, you have 2 views left. | Register | Sign In

Manchester fire at vacant building likely set by vagrants

MANCHESTER — Fire officials say a fire that broke out in a vacant building Easter Sunday morning was likely caused by vagrants.

Manchester firefighters responded to a report of smoke emanating from the third floor of a vacant building at 318 Concord Street at 10 a.m. Sunday. Upon arrival they found a small fire burning in a kitchen area.


“There was a report of that five people were seen leaving the building,” said Manchester District Fire Chief Robert Corbeil. “It appears they removed a sink from the kitchen area and were using the space like a fireplace for stove. They may have been cooking food, and the fire spread to the floor.”

Corbeil said firefighters had the small blaze under control within 20 minutes. No injuries were reported.

Corbeil said the structure said has been vacant for months.

“There has been a lot of damage done to the interior of the structure, but it wasn’t caused by today’s fire,” said Corbeil. “It appears to have been caused by vagrants.”

Corbeil said as of Sunday night they were unable to identify any individuals who may have caused Sunday’s fire.

action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:88
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:64
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:2
action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety