Home » News » Public Safety
Garage fire displaces Manchester family
According to Manchester Fire District Chief Mark Pelletier, firefighters were called to 620 Front Street at 8:28 p.m. Sunday to investigate a report of a garage fire. Upon arrival, fire crews found a fire burning in the right front corner of the garage, with heavy smoke conditions filling it and the attached house.
Fire damage, estimated at $25,000, was confined to the right front corner, though a family of two adults and three children were displaced due to smoke damage. A PSNH crew cut power to the home, until repairs can be made.
The owner of the home is listed as Mohamed Larbi Serhan. There were no injuries reported.
Four engines and two ladder trucks brought the fire under control less than an hour after arrival on scene.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 39
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads