Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Man at center of Seabrook brutality case convicted of burglary
Michael Bergeron Jr. leaves the Seabrook Circuit Court. (Jason Schreiber)
Michael Bergeron, 23, is being held at the Rockingham County jail pending sentencing following his one-day trial in Rockingham County Superior Court Thursday.
A YouTube video of Bergeron having his head slammed against a wall on Nov. 11, 2009, while in custody at the Seabrook police station led to the indictment earlier this month of police officer Mark Richardson.
Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer told jurors that Bergeron and another man, Nikoletti Nachef, were seen by a resident of the complex walking in the parking lot, each with a laptop under their shirts.
The man confronted Bergeron and Nachef, asking them what they were doing and then claimed he was a Hampton police officer, prompting Nachef to run, according to court testimony.
"He is presumed innocent. He is an innocent man as he sits here today," Gleason told jurors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
- Total Votes: 917