Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Man at center of Seabrook brutality case convicted of burglary
Michael Bergeron Jr. leaves the Seabrook Circuit Court. (Jason Schreiber)
Michael Bergeron, 23, is being held at the Rockingham County jail pending sentencing following his one-day trial in Rockingham County Superior Court Thursday.
A YouTube video of Bergeron having his head slammed against a wall on Nov. 11, 2009, while in custody at the Seabrook police station led to the indictment earlier this month of police officer Mark Richardson.
Assistant County Attorney Karen Springer told jurors that Bergeron and another man, Nikoletti Nachef, were seen by a resident of the complex walking in the parking lot, each with a laptop under their shirts.
The man confronted Bergeron and Nachef, asking them what they were doing and then claimed he was a Hampton police officer, prompting Nachef to run, according to court testimony.
"He is presumed innocent. He is an innocent man as he sits here today," Gleason told jurors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483