Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team
The team also claimed first place in its division for the second straight year.
The team wasn’t quite as successful last year, suffering just one defeat but also winning its division, she said. Along with all of the other team members, seniors Natalie Kukshtel and Xinyuan Zhang returned this year as co-captains.
The experience and a combination of other factors were critical to their championship season, Berchtold said.
“They are hard workers. They are bright kids. They are willing to work at it. They are interested. They’ve had good teachers along the way to help them,” said Berchtold, who oversees the team.
Team members agreed that the experience from last year helped give them confidence as they entered competition this year.
Team members include Kukshtel, Zhang, Terry and Adam DeMio.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose