Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team
The team also claimed first place in its division for the second straight year.
The team wasn’t quite as successful last year, suffering just one defeat but also winning its division, she said. Along with all of the other team members, seniors Natalie Kukshtel and Xinyuan Zhang returned this year as co-captains.
The experience and a combination of other factors were critical to their championship season, Berchtold said.
“They are hard workers. They are bright kids. They are willing to work at it. They are interested. They’ve had good teachers along the way to help them,” said Berchtold, who oversees the team.
Team members agreed that the experience from last year helped give them confidence as they entered competition this year.
Team members include Kukshtel, Zhang, Terry and Adam DeMio.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
- Deroy Murdock: The silence of the colored people - 2
- John Stossel: Don't put control freaks in control of your government - 4
- Kayla Bullwinkel: Schools must go after cyber bullies while respecting the First Amendment - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs Scouting Report: Nick Shore - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 3
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 3
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 7
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.