Undefeated season for Pinkerton math team
The team also claimed first place in its division for the second straight year.
The team wasn’t quite as successful last year, suffering just one defeat but also winning its division, she said. Along with all of the other team members, seniors Natalie Kukshtel and Xinyuan Zhang returned this year as co-captains.
The experience and a combination of other factors were critical to their championship season, Berchtold said.
“They are hard workers. They are bright kids. They are willing to work at it. They are interested. They’ve had good teachers along the way to help them,” said Berchtold, who oversees the team.
Team members agreed that the experience from last year helped give them confidence as they entered competition this year.
Team members include Kukshtel, Zhang, Terry and Adam DeMio.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- 10 legislators to watch in this coming session - 0
- State Employees Association declares impasse in bargaining - 20
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Majority leader sees GOP rift healing after Jan. 7 - 11
- Official House GOP caucus begins setting goals - 0
- Rival NH Republican caucus seeks own voice - 30
- Jasper censure cites 'breach of trust' - 0
- Starting Jan. 1, NH elderly and disabled have more protection - 0
- GOP committee: Censure Speaker for Dems' help in winning post - 38
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads