Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton motorcyclist airlifted to Boston hospital following crash on Route 125 in Kingston
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 2:26 p.m. after a southbound 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle, driven by Frank Shedd, 60, of Hampton, struck a northbound 2001 Ford F-150, driven by Jeffrey Dalton, 20, of Groveland, Mass., near Swings & Things at 16 Route 125.
Due to the severity of the crash, Fire Chief Bill Seaman said a helicopter from Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) was requested to transport the Shedd, who may have been trapped under the motorcycle, to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, Mass. He added a landing zone was established at the crash site.
Seaman said it appears Shedd, who was the sole occupant and was not wearing a helmet, sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries. He added three occupants in the pick-up were sent to Exeter Hospital as a precaution.
The identities of the passengers have not been released.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed down while firefighters and police were at the scene. Traffic was detoured along alternate routes until the road reopened after about 2½ hours. Due to the seriousness of the crash, Police Chief Donald Briggs said they asked for assistance from members of the N.H State Police Crash Analysis & Reconstruction Unit.
Investigators determined the accident occurred after the pick-up made a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle, according to state police.
The crash remains under investigation.
Firefighters from Kingston and Plaistow, paramedics from Exeter Hospital, police from East Kingston, Kingston, Newton and Plaistow and members of the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate