Home » News » Public Safety
Hampton motorcyclist airlifted to Boston hospital following crash on Route 125 in Kingston
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded around 2:26 p.m. after a southbound 2003 Harley Davidson motorcycle, driven by Frank Shedd, 60, of Hampton, struck a northbound 2001 Ford F-150, driven by Jeffrey Dalton, 20, of Groveland, Mass., near Swings & Things at 16 Route 125.
Due to the severity of the crash, Fire Chief Bill Seaman said a helicopter from Dartmouth Hitchcock Advanced Response Team (DHART) was requested to transport the Shedd, who may have been trapped under the motorcycle, to Brigham & Women's Hospital in Boston, Mass. He added a landing zone was established at the crash site.
Seaman said it appears Shedd, who was the sole occupant and was not wearing a helmet, sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries. He added three occupants in the pick-up were sent to Exeter Hospital as a precaution.
The identities of the passengers have not been released.
As a result of the crash, Route 125 was closed down while firefighters and police were at the scene. Traffic was detoured along alternate routes until the road reopened after about 2½ hours. Due to the seriousness of the crash, Police Chief Donald Briggs said they asked for assistance from members of the N.H State Police Crash Analysis & Reconstruction Unit.
Investigators determined the accident occurred after the pick-up made a left turn in front of the oncoming motorcycle, according to state police.
The crash remains under investigation.
Firefighters from Kingston and Plaistow, paramedics from Exeter Hospital, police from East Kingston, Kingston, Newton and Plaistow and members of the Rockingham County Sheriff’s Department all responded to the scene.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose