Ice-out declared on Forest Lake
As attested to by this clock, ice out occurred on Forest Lake in Whitefield at 7:47 p.m., April 18. The Whitefield Lions Club has sponsored an “Ice Out” contest on Forest Lake for three years . (Courtesy Whitefield Lions Club)
Inspired by a similar contest at nearby Joe's Pond in Vermont, the club in 2012 began its own ice out competition on Forest Lake, which lies in the towns of Dalton and Whitefield. Each year the event has grown, said member Don Discenzo, on Tuesday.
Discenzo thanked the participants and said the Lake Forest ice out contest would be back next winter. He said the money raised will support Lions Club programs in and around Whitefield.
Forest Lake is considerably smaller than Lake Winnipesaukee, which has had its own ice out competition for considerably longer. That call is expected today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
- 'Interview' buzz spreads to NH - 5
- Lyndeborough official would not give up on tree - 0
- A look back at some favorite wines of the year - 0
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Contra dance capital in Nelson
Details of Reams inquiry released
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive