Ice-out declared on Forest Lake
As attested to by this clock, ice out occurred on Forest Lake in Whitefield at 7:47 p.m., April 18. The Whitefield Lions Club has sponsored an “Ice Out” contest on Forest Lake for three years . (Courtesy Whitefield Lions Club)
Inspired by a similar contest at nearby Joe's Pond in Vermont, the club in 2012 began its own ice out competition on Forest Lake, which lies in the towns of Dalton and Whitefield. Each year the event has grown, said member Don Discenzo, on Tuesday.
Discenzo thanked the participants and said the Lake Forest ice out contest would be back next winter. He said the money raised will support Lions Club programs in and around Whitefield.
Forest Lake is considerably smaller than Lake Winnipesaukee, which has had its own ice out competition for considerably longer. That call is expected today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author Doris Kearns Goodwin talks Taft, Teddy and journalism - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guide Lines: The wild life and times of a state conservation officer - 0
- Justin Townes Earle's "Absent Fathers" available for pre-order - 0
- Cranmore to Open a Week Earlier Than Planned: This Weekend - 0
- Cranmore Adds Brew Fest and Warren Miller's "No Turning Back" Film to Annual Homecoming Event - 0
- Nashville Indie Folk-Rock Duo to Perform at the Blue Mermaid Island Grill - 0
- Food drive will benefit Hooksett Food Pantry - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: 'Caliciopsis Canker' affecting NH white pines - 0
- Gift of Lights brings thousands for charities in Loudon - 0
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Cranmore Adds Brew Fest and Warren Miller's "No Turning Back" Film to Annual Homecoming Event
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH