Ice-out declared on Forest Lake
As attested to by this clock, ice out occurred on Forest Lake in Whitefield at 7:47 p.m., April 18. The Whitefield Lions Club has sponsored an “Ice Out” contest on Forest Lake for three years . (Courtesy Whitefield Lions Club)
Inspired by a similar contest at nearby Joe's Pond in Vermont, the club in 2012 began its own ice out competition on Forest Lake, which lies in the towns of Dalton and Whitefield. Each year the event has grown, said member Don Discenzo, on Tuesday.
Discenzo thanked the participants and said the Lake Forest ice out contest would be back next winter. He said the money raised will support Lions Club programs in and around Whitefield.
Forest Lake is considerably smaller than Lake Winnipesaukee, which has had its own ice out competition for considerably longer. That call is expected today.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown selectmen nix driveway repavement permit fee - 0
- Salem zoning board seeks to add alternate member - 0
- Salem selectmen seek to restore funding - 0
- Lumberjack show to raise funds for Hudson Historical Society - 0
- Peterborough Community Theatre celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Londonderry family finds love, support while grieving - 0
- Merrimack's Boston Post Cane holder dies at 100 - 0
- Robin Williams memorial in Keene grows, but should it end? - 0
- NH High School Bass Fishing Tournaments Set for Oct. 2, Oct. 4 - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Shaheen unveils Republican supporters
Report on Manchester schools cites falling test scores, higher dropout rates among ongoing challenges
Pat Buchanan: What will victory look like?