Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website
Town Manager Kevin Smith said an updated website was necessary as the existing economic development site contains outdated information and is becoming costly to manage.
Arnette said the current site is “about four or five years old” and “clearly, time has passed it by.”
“A definite goal of ours is to target a certain audience,” he added. “People need good, current data, and the people who will be looking at this site are a specific crowd: They’re site selectors, senior commercial brokers and tax attorneys looking for incentive packages. They’re not vacation seekers.”
“I wouldn’t read this and tie it in with Woodmont and Pettengill,” Farrell said, referring to the two major developments on Londonderry’s horizon.
Pettengill Road, located off the new airport access road on the other side of town, is expected to be the center of extensive commercial and industrial development in the coming years, with legislators currently working toward an infrastructure-funding plan to help make it happen.
“If I were a business person looking for a community to set up shop, I’d want to know that all of this is going on,” he said. Arnette said the site currently has links to the Woodmont Commons master plan, though Farrell noted the system isn’t exactly user-friendly. “I see meeting links here dating all the way back to 2008,” Farrell said. “ To fully understand what’s going on here, I’d have to go through about 30 different documents.”Local business owner Annette Stoller offered her opinion.
Stoller said she’d be happy to offer further suggestions.
“We have over 34 years of experience,” she told town officials.
“We’ve got some great resources right here in the community,” Dolan said. “They’re willing to help, and that’s certainly something we should take advantage of. Because we have these two enormous, gigantic developments that are on the cusp of beginning, which is pretty distinguishing.”
“We should be advertising ourselves better,” he said. “We have to show that we’re different from our neighbors.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: The 'experts' look down on you - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 12
- David Harsanyi: The two-state solution is dead - 1
- Pat Buchanan: A rogue President remakes America - 1
- Another View -- Max Boot: Six steps to a better strategy for defeating ISIS - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Wait, when did we finish talking about Gruber? - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: The climate pact swindle - 0
- Roger Simon: So why don't the media report better news? - 0
- George Will: Required reading on a Rockefeller - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 4
- One killed in Wednesday morning crash on I-89 in Warner - 0
- Police say Franklin man and woman facing charge of attempted prostitution of a minor - 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 4
- On being American: A point for reflection - 1
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection