Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward
The budget is coming in at 1.7 percent less than the fiscal year 2014 budget, said Jack Robillard, library trustee and treasurer, during a budget workshop last week. He appeared at the workshop with Susan Brown, who has been serving as assistant and acting library director.
An attempt to reduce the bottom line by approximately $26,796 for salary raises was defeated in a 4-2 vote. Councilor Michael Fairbanks abstained.
In voting against the cut, Councilors David Fischer and Joshua Bourdon praised library administrators for efficiently running the library and following a policy of not granting overtime.
Bourdon agreed, saying the budget is coming in less than last year and the staff isn't unionized and doesn't take benefits.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Rye insurance expert to be liaison between former LGC subsidiary, state regulator - 0
- Potential deal between ex-LGC subsidiaries, regulators - 0
- HealthTrust's tax-free status still in limbo - 0
- Maine governor bemoans move of 8 child immigrants to his state - 3
- Revenue from gas tax increase ramps up paving state highways - 1
- Executive Council approves Medicaid expansion contract - 0
- 'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England - 0
- Vanity plate rules seek balance - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride