action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

April 22. 2014 10:48PM

Two fires in Manchester

MANCHESTER — Firefighters battled two fires within an hour Tuesday, according to the Manchester Fire Department.

Careless disposal of cigarettes on a porch was blamed for a fire that caused about $2,000 worth of damage to a porch at 27-29 Bremer St. at 3:10 p.m. Tuesday, according to a release from District Fire Chief Bob Corbeil. The fire was contained to the porch and was under control within minutes, the release said.

At just after 4 p.m. Tuesday, another fire, apparently started when a motorcycle fuel tank was dropped onto a garage floor and sparks ignited the fuel, caused about $20,000 in damage to a garage at 174 Tennyson Drive, the release said.

Nobody was injured in either fire, the release said.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events