Home » News » Public Safety
Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester
Kristina Sanford-Johnson, 44, of 76 Breton Ave., Sanford, Maine, faces two special felony counts of manslaughter in the Oct. 7, 2013, death of Ralph Iovanna, 62, of South Berwick, Maine.
Police said Iovanna was struck by Johnson’s silver Nissan Rogue.
Sanford-Johnson was seriously injured as well.
If convicted, she faces a maximum sentence of 15 to 30 years on each count.
Xianowei Wang, 40, of 843 Middle St., Portsmouth, was indicted on one count of negligent homicide in connection with an Aug. 14, 2012, crash that caused the death of Karen Fare, 34, of Manchester.
Wang suffered serious injuries as did another woman, Erika Otte, 21, a passenger in the Jeep.
According to the indictment, Shaw was driving his 2002 Ford Ranger west on Route 202 in Barrington at a high rate of speed and while under the influence of liquor or a controlled drug when he lost control and crossed into the eastbound lane, striking a 2007 Ford Edge head on.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist dies in Route 302 crash - 0
- First Coffee with a Cop session goes smoothly - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 2
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Keene ordinance against synthetic drugs seems to be working - 0
- Plea deal for woman who allegedly supplied drug hours before Hampton double fatal - 1
- Merrimack rollover sends Mass. driver to hospital - 0
- Suit claims Hudson violates rights of panhandlers - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Three teens sent to area hospitals after crash on Blackwater Road at Rochester-Dover border - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 5
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen