Home » News » Public Safety
Indictments issued in fatal crashes in Dover, Barrington, Rochester
Kristina Sanford-Johnson, 44, of 76 Breton Ave., Sanford, Maine, faces two special felony counts of manslaughter in the Oct. 7, 2013, death of Ralph Iovanna, 62, of South Berwick, Maine.
Police said Iovanna was struck by Johnson’s silver Nissan Rogue.
Sanford-Johnson was seriously injured as well.
If convicted, she faces a maximum sentence of 15 to 30 years on each count.
Xianowei Wang, 40, of 843 Middle St., Portsmouth, was indicted on one count of negligent homicide in connection with an Aug. 14, 2012, crash that caused the death of Karen Fare, 34, of Manchester.
Wang suffered serious injuries as did another woman, Erika Otte, 21, a passenger in the Jeep.
According to the indictment, Shaw was driving his 2002 Ford Ranger west on Route 202 in Barrington at a high rate of speed and while under the influence of liquor or a controlled drug when he lost control and crossed into the eastbound lane, striking a 2007 Ford Edge head on.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene boy hit by truck remains hospitalized - 0
- Manchester man injured in Ohio helicopter crash - 0
- BAE worker suffers electrical shock, injuries not life-threatening - 1
- Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area - 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 1
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 6
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 3
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 2
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us