Tillotson Fund awards $648K in grants to benefit North Country
• Androscoggin River Committee of Milan, $12,000 to support public education and outdoor recreation-based marketing and events for New Hampshire’s Androscoggin River watershed.
• Great North Woods Committee for the Arts of Colebrook, $12,000 to support performing arts programming in Coos County.
• Lancaster United Methodist Church, $17,500 to purchase and install a walk-in cooler to improve access to healthy, perishable food for the Community Cupboard Food Pantry.
• Town of Pittsburg, $14,607 to complete the final phase of a capital project by constructing a bandstand on the town common.
• Milan Village School, $15,000 to provide bridge funding to support the development of a self-sustaining, affordable preschool program for the Town of Milan.
Concord-based grant recipients with programs in the North Country are:
• New Hampshire Timberland Owners Association, $22,900 to support research for an updated economic impact study of the timber harvesting industry in New Hampshire.
• Additionally, Wholesome Wave of Bridgeport, Conn., received $43,206 to support Coos County in building and connecting to a sustainable statewide system improving access to local affordable produce.
“The impact of this fund on a community, and an entire region, is remarkable,” he said, “just like the legacy of Mr. and Mrs. Tillotson.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town Hall hours in Salem up for debate - 0
- Coos County tax bills headed to unincorporated places - 0
- Tentative deal for old Manchester police station - 4
- Utility pole licensing changes could raise rates in Derry - 0
- Derry councilor wants to begin budget discussion - 0
- Major development approved in Merrimack - 1
- Weare residents turn out to discuss police department concerns - 1
- Manchester, Uber headed for a collision over taxi regulations? - 18
- Fitch lowers Manchester's bond rating - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection