Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Derry public works employee intends to admit to $12k theft
Daniel Hagerty, 74, of Derry is facing up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison after being indicted on a charge of theft by unauthorized taking. The thefts happened between July 1, 2012 and June 30, 2013, indictments say.
A judge will be left to decide how much time Hagerty may spend behind bars when he appears in Rockingham County Superior Court on June 5 to enter his guilty plea.
They “observed town employee Daniel Hagerty taking money on numerous occasions and putting it in his wallet,” French said in a sworn police affidavit.
“Daniel stated that he would manipulate the cash register by clearing it out at the end of the day to reflect a $0 balance,” French said in the affidavit. “Daniel would then input sales into the register at one time to reflect some of the business conducted throughout the day. Daniel would then take the cash, between $50 and $100 a day, up to three times a week.”
A forensic examination of the Transfer Station’s computer revealed that 1,800 tickets had been “purged” or deleted between Jan. 4, 2011, and June 25, 2013, according to the police affidavit.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917