Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry
Lucien Goguen, 49, who told police he is homeless, allegedly robbed the bank at 35 Manchester Road on Tuesday morning. After allegedly committing the robbery, police said they captured him in less than 10 minutes as he walked on Scobie Pond Road.
On Tuesday, bank employees said a man entered the bank at about 11:25 a.m. and handed the teller a plastic Hannaford grocery bag and a note inside instructing the teller to put money into the bag, according to police.
After the teller complied, the man took the bag containing an undetermined amount of cash and fled from the bank on foot. He was last seen walking away from the bank and heading west, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said.
When questioned, Goguen denied ever being at TD Bank, police said. But after being shown some surveillance photos of the bank robbery that matched Goguen, he confessed to the crime, the affidavit said.
Goguen also allegedly admitted that he had disposed of his clothing and the money in nearby woods and that he wanted a lawyer, the affidavit said.
Following a K-9 search, miscellaneous clothing and a plastic Hannaford bag with money inside was found within approximately 20 feet of the clothing, the affidavit said.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash or surety.
Goguen is next scheduled to appear in court on May 6 for a probable cause hearing, according to court officials. The hearing is scheduled to start at 12:45 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
- Newport shooting victim in stable but critical condition - 0
- Nashua arrests 9 on drug warrants - 0
- Police: Nashua man in car targeted by gunfire was felon with gun - 0
- Man shot at in Nashua drive-by charged with unrelated possession of stolen gun - 0
- NH Supreme Court rules 4 teen killers entitled to sentencing hearings - 6
- Hampton woman who fatally struck pedestrian wants blood test thrown out of court - 0
- Man seeks to upend conviction in Deerfield home invasion case - 0
- Police say North Hampton man distributed child sex abuse images - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Lakes Region Casino for sale last two months; asking price $3.5 million, manager says - 0
- Hudson police warn of cars being broken into - 0
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
- Total Votes: 917