Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry
Lucien Goguen, 49, who told police he is homeless, allegedly robbed the bank at 35 Manchester Road on Tuesday morning. After allegedly committing the robbery, police said they captured him in less than 10 minutes as he walked on Scobie Pond Road.
On Tuesday, bank employees said a man entered the bank at about 11:25 a.m. and handed the teller a plastic Hannaford grocery bag and a note inside instructing the teller to put money into the bag, according to police.
After the teller complied, the man took the bag containing an undetermined amount of cash and fled from the bank on foot. He was last seen walking away from the bank and heading west, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said.
When questioned, Goguen denied ever being at TD Bank, police said. But after being shown some surveillance photos of the bank robbery that matched Goguen, he confessed to the crime, the affidavit said.
Goguen also allegedly admitted that he had disposed of his clothing and the money in nearby woods and that he wanted a lawyer, the affidavit said.
Following a K-9 search, miscellaneous clothing and a plastic Hannaford bag with money inside was found within approximately 20 feet of the clothing, the affidavit said.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash or surety.
Goguen is next scheduled to appear in court on May 6 for a probable cause hearing, according to court officials. The hearing is scheduled to start at 12:45 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 1
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 12
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- Thomas Menino, Boston's longest-serving mayor, dies at 71 - 3
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483