Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Bail set for TD Bank robbery suspect in Derry
Lucien Goguen, 49, who told police he is homeless, allegedly robbed the bank at 35 Manchester Road on Tuesday morning. After allegedly committing the robbery, police said they captured him in less than 10 minutes as he walked on Scobie Pond Road.
On Tuesday, bank employees said a man entered the bank at about 11:25 a.m. and handed the teller a plastic Hannaford grocery bag and a note inside instructing the teller to put money into the bag, according to police.
After the teller complied, the man took the bag containing an undetermined amount of cash and fled from the bank on foot. He was last seen walking away from the bank and heading west, Derry police Capt. Vern Thomas said.
When questioned, Goguen denied ever being at TD Bank, police said. But after being shown some surveillance photos of the bank robbery that matched Goguen, he confessed to the crime, the affidavit said.
Goguen also allegedly admitted that he had disposed of his clothing and the money in nearby woods and that he wanted a lawyer, the affidavit said.
Following a K-9 search, miscellaneous clothing and a plastic Hannaford bag with money inside was found within approximately 20 feet of the clothing, the affidavit said.
Bail was set at $10,000 cash or surety.
Goguen is next scheduled to appear in court on May 6 for a probable cause hearing, according to court officials. The hearing is scheduled to start at 12:45 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 1
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
- Total Votes: 917