action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Jarrett Michael Cote

Jarrett M. Cote

Sep 18, 2014

Stevens

CAPTURED

Christopher Stevens

Sep 4, 2014

STANIN

Dominick Stanin

Aug 21, 2014

Home » News » Crime

April 23. 2014 8:50PM

Manchester man accused of robbery at knifepoint

MANCHESTER — Keon Boyer, 34, of 369 Hevey St., asked Circuit Court-Manchester District Division Judge William Lyons for a lower bail than the $10,000 cash/surety requested by police prosecutors.

Boyer was arraigned Wednesday on a felony charge of armed robbery and a misdemeanor of simple assault. He’s accused of robbing an acquaintance on Canal Street at knifepoint shortly after midnight Tuesday, demanding money and cigarettes. The victim told police Boyer greeted him and his neighbor in a friendly manner, but as his friend walked on ahead, Boyer produced a knife and robbed him. Boyer is accused of then punching the neighbor in the throat as he fled.

Police said officers spotted Boyer on the Granite Street Bridge and arrested him without incident. Police said Boyer had a folding knife in his possession.

In seeking the $10,000 cash/surety bail, a police prosecutor said there is a 72-hour probation hold on Boyer in connection with 10 convictions for felonious sexual assault in 2010. His criminal record, which dates to 1997, includes multiple convictions for assault and disorderly conduct.

The judge set bail at the requested $10,000 cash/surety with conditions that include no contact with the two alleged victims. A probable cause hearing on the felony was set for May 7, and trial on the misdemeanor will be May 22.



Donation jar theft alleged

Police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon requested $5,000 cash/surety bail Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division for Rose Rosales, 37, of 414 Merrimack St., on a felony charge of theft by unauthorized taking.

Rosales is accused of taking a donation jar from the 61 Best Market at 61 Maple St. on April 2. She is accused of taking the donation jar for blind children and concealing it under her shirt.

The theft was reported April 7, and Rosales was identified after video surveillance showing a woman taking the jar was posted on Facebook and viewed by police.

Rosales was also arraigned Wednesday on a felony theft charge of taking cash from the purse of a woman shopping at Market Basket on Elm Street on April 5. She was free on $2,000 cash/surety bail on that charge when arrested on the earlier theft charge. No bail revocation was sought.

Reardon, noting Rosales has 10 prior theft convictions, said she “obviously has an issue with thefts.” Judge William Lyons set bail on the donation jar charge at $5,000 cash/surety. Probable cause hearings on both felonies were set for May 7.

Extradition hearing set

A court-appointed attorney who represented Keon Mercer, 40, on felony charges of receiving stolen property in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on Tuesday, was in Circuit Court Wednesday to request personal recognizance bail for Mercer on a felony fugitive charge.

Mercer is sought by Massachusetts. He had been living at 69 Massabesic St. when his sister told police he assaulted her April 7 after they argued about warrants for a number of New Hampshire charges, including felonies, misdemeanors and violations, some dating back to 2010.

Attorney William Schultz told Judge William Lyons that Mercer was released on personal recognizance bail Tuesday on the felony charges on condition that within 30 days he has a drug and alcohol evaluation and gets treatment.

“Our goal here is to get him enrolled in this program quickly,” said Schultz.

He said Mercer has a place to live and a job with a Candia landscaper and is seeking custody of his child, now in the custody of Massachusetts child welfare authorities because the mother is in a drug program.

Police prosecutor Sgt. Stephen Reardon sought $5,000 cash/surety bail for Mercer, saying he was living in Springfield, Mass., has a lengthy criminal record in Massachusetts and Ohio, with the most recent Massachusetts conviction in 2008 for armed robbery.

Lyons set $10,000 personal recognizance bail on the warrant.

A hearing on the fugitive warrant was set for May 8, when Mercer will be tried on the misdemeanors and violations on which he was arraigned earlier this month.



Heroin possession charged

A Nashua man was charged with felony possession of a controlled drug following a traffic stop Tuesday night by members of the Manchester Police Street Crime Unit.

Police said officers stopped a motor vehicle at Lake Avenue and Maple Street on a traffic violation after observing the occupants engaged in suspected drug activity.

After further investigation, the driver, Jonathan Cote, 32, of 37 Harvard St., was found in possession of a small amount of suspected heroin and was arrested, police said.



Contempt charged

Tucker Lapoint, 22, of 17 Woodmere Drive, Hanover, was arraigned Wednesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a contempt charge, which had been filed after he was arrested in Lebanon while he was out on bail on Manchester motor vehicle charges for which he was arraigned Tuesday.

Lapoint asked for personal recognizance bail.

Judge William Lyons set bail at $500 cash/surety.

Trial was set for June 24, the same date as his other Manchester charges.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
  • Yes
  • 83%
  • No
  • 17%
  • Total Votes: 917

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events