Fire destroys Weare home
Firefighters from the Center Fire Station were called to 61 Barnard Hill Road around 10 a.m. for a fire at a one-story residential building. Weare Lt. Nik McCulloch began to search the house for occupants while mutual aid crews opened walls and ceilings in search of hidden flames. An excessive amount of items stored in the house made it difficult for crews to search the house and advance hose lines, according to Weare Fire Chief Robert Vezina.
The fire was contained to one end of the building, but heavy smoke damage occurred throughout the structure. The building may be a total loss, Vezina said.