action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

April 24. 2014 4:14PM

Fire destroys Weare home


Mutual aid from five surrounding towns helped Weare firefighters battle a fire on Barnard Hill Road Thursday morning. (COURTESY PHOTO)

WEARE - Windy conditions and wood stove usage may have caused a fire that nearly destroyed a Barnard Hill Road residence Thursday morning.

Firefighters from the Center Fire Station were called to 61 Barnard Hill Road around 10 a.m. for a fire at a one-story residential building. Weare Lt. Nik McCulloch began to search the house for occupants while mutual aid crews opened walls and ceilings in search of hidden flames. An excessive amount of items stored in the house made it difficult for crews to search the house and advance hose lines, according to Weare Fire Chief Robert Vezina.
Tanker trucks brought in water from a nearby source. Mutual aid was received from Goffstown, New Boston, Henniker, Bow and Dunbarton.
The fire was contained to one end of the building, but heavy smoke damage occurred throughout the structure. The building may be a total loss, Vezina said.
No injuries were reported in connection with the blaze.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

   ╗ ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

   ╗ SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events