Londonderry High School honors local heroes
Bob Saur, who served several generations of Londonderry Cub Scout and Boy Scout troops, was presented with the Robert W. Lincoln Youth Service Award during the high school's spring pep rally.
"This is someone who's devoted tons of time to our town's young people," Assistant Principal Art Psaledas said. "He clearly exemplifies the spirit of giving."
Principal Jason Parent recognized Assistant Principal Paul Dutton for his equally impressive contributions to the high school community. Dutton, who founded the school's Dollars for Scholars program in 1995, will leave the high school at the end of June after being appointed the new principal of Londonderry North Elementary School.
Taking the microphone, Dutton announced this year's Dollars for Scholars High School Teacher of the Year.
According to Dutton, over 155 school community members offered up nominations for the honors this year, with 17 of them praising the works of this year's winner, science teacher Daniel Grant.
"I just show up each day and do the job I love," she said, advising students past and present to simply "do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life."
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.