Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Brother and sister make plea deal in Exeter murder
Aaron Desjardins, 37, of Epping and his sister, Michele Corson, 44, of Skowhegan, Maine, have struck plea deals with state prosecutors nearly a year after they allegedly conspired to kidnap and murder Warf — who was Aaron Desjardins' ex-wife — last March 7.
Terms of the plea deals have not yet been made public. "The terms are sealed," Corson's lawyer, Andrew Cotrupi, said on Friday.
"My client has agreed to accept full responsibility for her conduct and hopes it will bring the victim's family some measure of peace."
Desjardins' decision to forgo his first-degree murder trial marks a departure from his earlier intention to claim he was insane when he killed Warf.
The double plea deal also now changes the dynamic for Desjardins' current wife, Sarah, 35, who is facing charges of accomplice to first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder and conspiracy to commit hindering apprehension.
If a jury convicts Sarah Desjardins of accomplice to first-degree murder, she faces a mandatory sentence of life in prison without parole.
While terms of the plea deals have not been made public, state prosecutors generally require murder defendants to testify against any co-defendant who elects to go to trial.
Investigators say that Desjardins admitted that he was fighting with Warf over child custody and that he and his new wife, Sarah, agreed to the murder as a way to eliminate the problem.
"Both of us planned it, both of us executed it," Aaron Desjardins allegedly told his brother-in-law during a recorded phone call just four days after the murder. "It was both of our decision to kill Amanda."
Corson took part in the murder plan by providing her brother with a .32-caliber handgun from her home. Corson brought the gun to New Hampshire from her home in Maine after receiving a coded text message instructing her to bring a "roasting pan," state police said.
Warf was last seen alive by a co-worker driving in the parking lot of her workplace — Exeter Hospital, Core Physicians — around 6:30 a.m. on the day she was murdered.
Aaron and Sarah Desjardins spent about two months planning the murder and intended to frame either Warf's current or former boyfriend for the killing, according to state police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
- Mazzaglia files appeal of first-degree murder conviction - 0
- Rockingham County corrections officer indicted - 0
- Alleged Abigail kidnapper gets a fence around his home and a possible indictment - 0
- Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine - 1
- Two weekend robberies reported in Manchester, one committed by man in sling, 'Rocky Squirrel' hat - 0
- Man stabbed in leg in Manchester incident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- NFL: Eagles rally in second half to edge Colts, 30-27 - 0
- Large blast kills at least one in Afghan capital as smoke rises above city - 0
- UNH ranked for 144th straight week; QB Goldrich honored by CAA - 0
- New Legion director eyes junior division growth - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Five different goal scorers lift Pinkerton to field hockey win - 0
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Among 5 primary recounts, no changes to winners - 0
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917