Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Man who crashed into three police cars tries for lower bail
Friday’s hearing was ultimately cancelled because Figueroa’s lawyer failed to appear. But prosecutors expect they will soon be back in court to argue that Figueroa should remain jailed pending his next court date in Hillsborough County Superior Court.
Salem police Officer Michael McCarthy located Figueroa’s car stopped in the middle of Tiffany Road, near an apartment complex, blocking both lanes of traffic, Assistant County Attorney Brad Bolton said in a court motion.
The pursuit ended after Figueroa allegedly hit three Salem police cruisers, hitting two of them head on. He was removed from his car after he struck the third police car.
Police found 100 Alprazolam and Oxycodone pills in Figueroa’s right front pocket. His wallet had $1,404 in cash and two small bags containing more pills, according to Bolton.
During a search of Figueroa’s car, police found $4,085 in cash in the trunk and five cell phones in the front seat, according to Bolton.
“In Massachusetts, the defendant had 31 arraignments between 2001 and 2006,” Bolton said in court papers. “The record check shows 19 defaults or warrants issued on nine different court dates.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917