Home » News » Public Safety
Crashed plane pulled from Winnipesaukee
Crews floated a plane that crashed into Lake Winnipesaukee on Tuesday to the surface Friday afternoon. (COURTESY ALTON FIRE DEPARTMENT)
"The pilot told the FAA he was having problems seeing because the lake was very calm and like a mirror that day," Williams said. "I can verify that, when we got there we were seeing some different things because the lake was so smooth."
At 10 a.m. Friday, divers from Dive Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro dove to the plane, which had been sitting on the bottom of the lake since Tuesday. They floated the plane to the surface with large air bags.
"It came up tail first, and it was a slow process," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 1
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 14
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 25
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst - 0
- Suspect identified in shooting at Canada's Parliament - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt., teacher - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: How offshore oil rigs are helping the environment - 0
- George Will: In Kentucky, a constitutional moment - 0
- Teen who struck two Hampton women seeks to overturn license suspension - 0
- Jury convicts Rochester man, three other ex-Blackwater guards in 2007 Baghdad killings - 0
- Three indicted in beating, robbery of pizza delivery man in Somersworth - 0
- Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate - 3
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?