Home » News » Public Safety
'Duck' lawyer blasts AG over priorities
The Attorney General's Office on Thursday released a 14-page report saying Campbell and former Nashua police commissioner Thomas Pappas would face no new charges after Campbell ran over and killed five ducks on Dec. 23 while driving away from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua and later sought the help of his friend, Pappas, then a police commissioner.
"What I would note is there was certainly a number of hours devoted to this investigation because Mr. Campbell decided not to cooperate with this investigation and that failure led us to take other investigative avenues that could have been shortened if he, like everybody else, had cooperated," Young said.
Prunier said Murphy allegedly said, "I am going to make you hurt like the ducks."
But the report said no witness at the scene heard Murphy make that statement to Campbell.
Campbell pleaded no contest to illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a $620 fine and $75 in restitution to the state Fish and Game Department. He also donated an additional $695 to New Hampshire Audubon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 2
- 2 motorcycle riders hurt in Laconia collision - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH