Home » News » Public Safety
'Duck' lawyer blasts AG over priorities
The Attorney General's Office on Thursday released a 14-page report saying Campbell and former Nashua police commissioner Thomas Pappas would face no new charges after Campbell ran over and killed five ducks on Dec. 23 while driving away from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua and later sought the help of his friend, Pappas, then a police commissioner.
"What I would note is there was certainly a number of hours devoted to this investigation because Mr. Campbell decided not to cooperate with this investigation and that failure led us to take other investigative avenues that could have been shortened if he, like everybody else, had cooperated," Young said.
Prunier said Murphy allegedly said, "I am going to make you hurt like the ducks."
But the report said no witness at the scene heard Murphy make that statement to Campbell.
Campbell pleaded no contest to illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a $620 fine and $75 in restitution to the state Fish and Game Department. He also donated an additional $695 to New Hampshire Audubon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride