Home » News » Public Safety
'Duck' lawyer blasts AG over priorities
The Attorney General's Office on Thursday released a 14-page report saying Campbell and former Nashua police commissioner Thomas Pappas would face no new charges after Campbell ran over and killed five ducks on Dec. 23 while driving away from the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Nashua and later sought the help of his friend, Pappas, then a police commissioner.
"What I would note is there was certainly a number of hours devoted to this investigation because Mr. Campbell decided not to cooperate with this investigation and that failure led us to take other investigative avenues that could have been shortened if he, like everybody else, had cooperated," Young said.
Prunier said Murphy allegedly said, "I am going to make you hurt like the ducks."
But the report said no witness at the scene heard Murphy make that statement to Campbell.
Campbell pleaded no contest to illegal taking of waterfowl and paid a $620 fine and $75 in restitution to the state Fish and Game Department. He also donated an additional $695 to New Hampshire Audubon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with school - 0
- UPDATED: Driver killed in crash on Route 101A in Amherst is identified - 1
- Need a job? The NH State Prison wants you - 0
- Man dies, toddler rescued in Manchester apartment fire - 0
- Motorist struck by car while changing tire on I-93 in Londonderry - 2
- Man, 60, found dead in burned Manchester apartment building; 1-year-old boy rescued - 1
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 1
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 35
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
- NHIAA: Souhegan advances in OT - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood