Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Teens arrested for floating away on Pelham town dock
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Friday, responded to a call at Pelham Memorial Veterans Park about a number of kids gathered on the town beach at Long Pond.
Once at the beach, officers determined that most of the young people were using the beach appropriately. However, the officers' attention was drawn to three males on what appeared to be a raft about 70 feet from shore, according to Lt. Brian McCarthy, and it was apparent the three were stranded without a paddle.
Police then determined that the three were not on a raft, but had allegedly released a section of dock belonging to the town in an attempt to get a better position to fish. Once the dock was disconnected, police said it was quickly carried away from the shoreline by the wind and the three teenagers on the dock had no way to direct it or control it.
A Long Pond resident saw what was happening and used a personal boat to help get the three back to shore.
Once back on shore, Mario Aybar, 17 of Lowell, MA; Nicholas Bridge, 18, of Dracut, MA; and Dakota Redding, 18, also of Dracut, were arrested for criminal mischief. In addition, Bridge was charged with transporting alcoholic beverages.
The section of the dock was recovered by workers from the parks and recreation department and re-secured to the main dock.
The three teens are scheduled to appear in Salem District Court on June 2.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Police seeking help to identify alleged credit card thieves - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of new crimes while out on bail faces hearing - 0
- Gorham man arraigned for kidnapping Abigail Hernandez, but details remain scarce - 1
- Ex-Manchester police officer pleads guilty to felonies related to helping drug dealer - 2
- Lancaster man indicted for possessing child sex abuse images - 0
- Former Nashua court officer waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- MBTA police officer arrested two more times following house party arrest in Salem - 0
- Mass. man charged in car registration tax dodge - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
- NH medical board suspends Manchester doctor's license - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Market Basket community waits and watches
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
- Total Votes: 917