Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Teens arrested for floating away on Pelham town dock
Shortly after 7 p.m. on Friday, responded to a call at Pelham Memorial Veterans Park about a number of kids gathered on the town beach at Long Pond.
Once at the beach, officers determined that most of the young people were using the beach appropriately. However, the officers' attention was drawn to three males on what appeared to be a raft about 70 feet from shore, according to Lt. Brian McCarthy, and it was apparent the three were stranded without a paddle.
Police then determined that the three were not on a raft, but had allegedly released a section of dock belonging to the town in an attempt to get a better position to fish. Once the dock was disconnected, police said it was quickly carried away from the shoreline by the wind and the three teenagers on the dock had no way to direct it or control it.
A Long Pond resident saw what was happening and used a personal boat to help get the three back to shore.
Once back on shore, Mario Aybar, 17 of Lowell, MA; Nicholas Bridge, 18, of Dracut, MA; and Dakota Redding, 18, also of Dracut, were arrested for criminal mischief. In addition, Bridge was charged with transporting alcoholic beverages.
The section of the dock was recovered by workers from the parks and recreation department and re-secured to the main dock.
The three teens are scheduled to appear in Salem District Court on June 2.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917