Aspiring automobile engineers ready to test their expertise at annual Formula Hybrid at NH Motor Speedway
The Formula Hybrid Competition was founded and is run by Dartmouth’s Thayer School of Engineering and is an interdisciplinary design and engineering challenge for undergraduate and graduate university students.
“We feel like this is a good introduction for them for engineering. Many of them come to the event not even knowing what engineers do,” said Amy Keeler, coordinating manager of Formula Hybrid on Friday.
The Formula Hybrid is also often a life-changing opportunity for the competitors, she said.
“Over and over again we hear that Formula Hybrid was the best experience they had in school and it’s changed their lives for the better. It really is a great opportunity for them. It’s their time to shine,” Keeler said.
The international component of the competition is also expanding this year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 2
- Tech conference sparks ideas and imagination - 0
- Nashua assessment tests miss the mark - 1
- St. A's board of trustees responds to criticism of graduation change - 2
- Officials proposing cutting Derry school budget by $1.4 million - 0
- St. Anselm in a stir over graduation date change - 13
- Nashua schools struggle to find more time for middle-school math - 0
- Former Gov. Lynch chosen for PSU Robert Frost award - 0
- Keene State College gets funding to further biology research - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads