Home » News » Politics » Granite Status
Zip line superlative in the making at Attitash Mountain Resort in Bartlett
Construction began recently at Attitash Mountain Resort on three zip lines, including the “Flying Bear,” which is being billed by the resort as the “longest single-span zip line in the contiguous United States.” (COURTESY)
Among the variety of attractions at New Hampshire ski resorts are canopy tours at Bretton Woods, which also offers zip lines; a mountain coaster at Cranmore Mountain Resort, which also has a giant swing and the Soaring Eagle zip line; the Zipline Canopy Tour and Thrillsville Aerial Park at Alpine Adventures near Loon Mountain in Lincoln; the Canopy Zip-Line Tour at Mount Sunapee in Newbury; Gunstock's zip lines, Aerial Tree Top Adventures and off-road Segway tours.
In addition to zip lines, he said, resorts also are enticing summer visitors with disc golf and downhill-mountain biking.
"You have the infrastructure in place in some of the most scenic places in New England," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rosaly Bass' Peterborough kitchen garden grew to a certified organic 25-acre farm - 0
- Proposed development on Wayfarer site gets green light from conservation group - 0
- Baseball icon Zimmer remembered in Windham - 0
- Salem residents can register to vote Tuesday night at municipal office - 0
- Francestown marks Labor Day with almost century-old fete - 0
- Senior News Briefs: AARP event to help women take charge of their futures - 0
- Marie Sletterink celebrates 100th birthday - 0
- Salem considers bonding project with private bank - 0
- Rickety Ranch offers sanctuary for kids, animals - 0
NH's teen pregnancy still lowest nationwide
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
The JV team: Obama's unbelievable admission
Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate
'Our job is to rebuild that middle class'
Derry councilors seek input on land use tax