Zip line superlative in the making at Attitash Mountain Resort in Bartlett
Construction began recently at Attitash Mountain Resort on three zip lines, including the “Flying Bear,” which is being billed by the resort as the “longest single-span zip line in the contiguous United States.” (COURTESY)
Among the variety of attractions at New Hampshire ski resorts are canopy tours at Bretton Woods, which also offers zip lines; a mountain coaster at Cranmore Mountain Resort, which also has a giant swing and the Soaring Eagle zip line; the Zipline Canopy Tour and Thrillsville Aerial Park at Alpine Adventures near Loon Mountain in Lincoln; the Canopy Zip-Line Tour at Mount Sunapee in Newbury; Gunstock's zip lines, Aerial Tree Top Adventures and off-road Segway tours.
In addition to zip lines, he said, resorts also are enticing summer visitors with disc golf and downhill-mountain biking.
"You have the infrastructure in place in some of the most scenic places in New England," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Author Doris Kearns Goodwin talks Taft, Teddy and journalism - 0
- Dick Pinney's Guide Lines: The wild life and times of a state conservation officer - 0
- Justin Townes Earle's "Absent Fathers" available for pre-order - 0
- Cranmore to Open a Week Earlier Than Planned: This Weekend - 0
- Cranmore Adds Brew Fest and Warren Miller's "No Turning Back" Film to Annual Homecoming Event - 0
- Nashville Indie Folk-Rock Duo to Perform at the Blue Mermaid Island Grill - 0
- Food drive will benefit Hooksett Food Pantry - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: 'Caliciopsis Canker' affecting NH white pines - 0
- Gift of Lights brings thousands for charities in Loudon - 0
Win tickets to see the Amazing Nano Brothers
Cranmore Adds Brew Fest and Warren Miller's "No Turning Back" Film to Annual Homecoming Event
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH