Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Former Colebrook gunpowder plant owner convicted of fraud in Maine
Assistant U.S. Attorney for Maine Gail Malone, who prosecuted him, said Monday in a telephone interview that the false documents were at the heart of the government’s case against Sanborn.
The federal indictment, returned in December 2012, charged him with submitting false invoices for purchases to Brownville officials and receiving money to which he was not entitled.
Coos County prosecutors spent about a month last fall outlining for jurors what they said was Sanborn’s negligence and failure to adhere to even the most basic worker-safety precautions in the dangerous industry, making him at fault for the workers’ deaths.
His attorney, Leonard Sharon of Auburn, Maine, did not return messages left for him Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Seabrook cop says he was 'in fear' during assault on suspect - 9
- Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood - 1
- Judge lifts no-contact order - 0
- Suspected rioter faces felony charge in Keene - 3
- Hudson man charged with impersonating police officer - 1
- Fashion-conscience robber hits Rochester bank - 0
- Report: Student opens fire at Washington state high school; gunman reported dead - 3
- Accident results in DWI charge for Hudson man - 0
- Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bullpen stakes Royals to 2-1 World Series edge - 0
- NHIAA: Lancers beat South - 0
- College Football: St. Anselm football loses third straight game - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Tough decisions loom for Legion - 0
- A good first impression - 0
- NHIAA: Exeter keeps Memorial attack at bay - 0
- Windham clinches first with huge win - 0
- NHIAA: Campbell thumps Brady - 0
- NHIAA: Brummett scores 5 for Derryfield - 0
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Hassan, Havenstein spar over education
A good first impression
Thieves target cars in Hollis neighborhood
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483