Stonyfield Farms' Earth Day festivities set for May 3
LONDONDERRY — The popular Stonyfield Earth Day 5K and Fair event will return to Londonderry this weekend, and staff at the local yogurt factory vowed to go bigger than ever.
This year's festivities will be held on Saturday at Stonyfield Farm's 10 Burton Drive facility. Open to the public, a variety of family-friendly activities, most of them free, will run from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
New to the fair this year are exhibitors Portland Pie Company and Mr. Macs. The event will also feature a variety of products by various members of the Green Alliance.
Live music will be provided by The Dusty Gray Band, with a variety of interactive exhibits on site courtesy of the Discovery Museum, See Science Center, Build Our World Lego and Vertical Dreams, Stonyfield Farms spokeswoman Mairead Dunphy said.
Younger fair-goers will be treated to free "bunny tails" to bring attention to the plight of the endangered New England Cottontail rabbit.
In 2008, the company became the first private landowner to create and maintain a viable rabbit habitat.
Dunphy said the company would donate a portion of this year's race proceeds to support the New Hampshire Nongame and Endangered Wildlife Program.
Runners of legal drinking age will have access to the Samuel Adams beer tent, with all proceeds from beer sales to benefit Easter Seals of New Hampshire.
The runners' tent will also offer massages courtesy of Seacoast Career School.
For more information, visit stonyfield5K.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.