NH couple, after Bundy standoff, married at Nevada ranch
The wedding of Hampstead resident Alex Bieniecki and Campton resident Ashley Rose Banyas took place last Thursday in Bunkerville, Nev., and drew about 50 people, including Bundy and some of his family members, said Jerry DeLemus, a Rochester resident who officiated.
Last month's standoff at the Bundy ranch drew militia and others from across the country intent on intervening in the dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management over grazing rights on federal land.
DeLemus said he, Bieniecki and Banyas remain at the ranch. Bieniecki does guard duty; Banyas works at the chow hall.
"What we're trying to do is make sure the Bundys feel safe," DeLemus said. "To take the BLM at their word is not possible."
"We just made our love official for the whole world to see under God, on hallowed ground," he wrote.
DeLemus, whose Marine credentials have given him a leadership status at the ranch, said the couple are happy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deroy Murdock: Hillary's Benghazi-Whitewater connection? - 1
- George Will: Obama needs Congress to approve this war - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama is rushing into war against Islamic State - 1
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 7
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 65
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 10
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'