NH couple, after Bundy standoff, married at Nevada ranch
The wedding of Hampstead resident Alex Bieniecki and Campton resident Ashley Rose Banyas took place last Thursday in Bunkerville, Nev., and drew about 50 people, including Bundy and some of his family members, said Jerry DeLemus, a Rochester resident who officiated.
Last month's standoff at the Bundy ranch drew militia and others from across the country intent on intervening in the dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management over grazing rights on federal land.
DeLemus said he, Bieniecki and Banyas remain at the ranch. Bieniecki does guard duty; Banyas works at the chow hall.
"What we're trying to do is make sure the Bundys feel safe," DeLemus said. "To take the BLM at their word is not possible."
"We just made our love official for the whole world to see under God, on hallowed ground," he wrote.
DeLemus, whose Marine credentials have given him a leadership status at the ranch, said the couple are happy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads