NH couple, after Bundy standoff, married at Nevada ranch
The wedding of Hampstead resident Alex Bieniecki and Campton resident Ashley Rose Banyas took place last Thursday in Bunkerville, Nev., and drew about 50 people, including Bundy and some of his family members, said Jerry DeLemus, a Rochester resident who officiated.
Last month's standoff at the Bundy ranch drew militia and others from across the country intent on intervening in the dispute between Bundy and the Bureau of Land Management over grazing rights on federal land.
DeLemus said he, Bieniecki and Banyas remain at the ranch. Bieniecki does guard duty; Banyas works at the chow hall.
"What we're trying to do is make sure the Bundys feel safe," DeLemus said. "To take the BLM at their word is not possible."
"We just made our love official for the whole world to see under God, on hallowed ground," he wrote.
DeLemus, whose Marine credentials have given him a leadership status at the ranch, said the couple are happy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
A new era for Nashua's police force
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten