Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Londonderry house party leads to 20 arrests
Police received a call from a resident shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday informing them that some neighbors “were having a loud party and people kept walking to and from their cars,” according to police reports.
Shortly after, police saw a dozen vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac at the end of Seasons Lane. Meanwhile, another officer questioned a driver in a vehicle and learned that the driver and passenger were looking for a house in the neighborhood where a party was going on.
Arriving at the house, police knocked on the front door several times, while they heard another door open and close, followed by rustling noises coming from the back woods.
Police used a loud speaker to make a further request that someone come to the door. Shortly after, a young man later identified as Nicholas Beaton answered the door, accompanied by the young woman who had called her father.
After escorting officers into the house, police said they discovered “large amounts of alcohol and a large group of subjects hiding” inside.
Beaton also faces charges of facilitating an underage drinking party, police said. After being released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, he is due to appear in Derry Circuit Court on May 19.
“Rather than clearing the scene after not hearing any large noises at first, the officers realized it is school vacation week and many families are away on vacation,” Olson said. “Having this in mind, the officers remained in the area in case there was an underage drinking party going on, resulting in locating one.”
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483