Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Londonderry house party leads to 20 arrests
Police received a call from a resident shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday informing them that some neighbors “were having a loud party and people kept walking to and from their cars,” according to police reports.
Shortly after, police saw a dozen vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac at the end of Seasons Lane. Meanwhile, another officer questioned a driver in a vehicle and learned that the driver and passenger were looking for a house in the neighborhood where a party was going on.
Arriving at the house, police knocked on the front door several times, while they heard another door open and close, followed by rustling noises coming from the back woods.
Police used a loud speaker to make a further request that someone come to the door. Shortly after, a young man later identified as Nicholas Beaton answered the door, accompanied by the young woman who had called her father.
After escorting officers into the house, police said they discovered “large amounts of alcohol and a large group of subjects hiding” inside.
Beaton also faces charges of facilitating an underage drinking party, police said. After being released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, he is due to appear in Derry Circuit Court on May 19.
“Rather than clearing the scene after not hearing any large noises at first, the officers realized it is school vacation week and many families are away on vacation,” Olson said. “Having this in mind, the officers remained in the area in case there was an underage drinking party going on, resulting in locating one.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483