Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Londonderry house party leads to 20 arrests
Police received a call from a resident shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday informing them that some neighbors “were having a loud party and people kept walking to and from their cars,” according to police reports.
Shortly after, police saw a dozen vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac at the end of Seasons Lane. Meanwhile, another officer questioned a driver in a vehicle and learned that the driver and passenger were looking for a house in the neighborhood where a party was going on.
Arriving at the house, police knocked on the front door several times, while they heard another door open and close, followed by rustling noises coming from the back woods.
Police used a loud speaker to make a further request that someone come to the door. Shortly after, a young man later identified as Nicholas Beaton answered the door, accompanied by the young woman who had called her father.
After escorting officers into the house, police said they discovered “large amounts of alcohol and a large group of subjects hiding” inside.
Beaton also faces charges of facilitating an underage drinking party, police said. After being released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, he is due to appear in Derry Circuit Court on May 19.
“Rather than clearing the scene after not hearing any large noises at first, the officers realized it is school vacation week and many families are away on vacation,” Olson said. “Having this in mind, the officers remained in the area in case there was an underage drinking party going on, resulting in locating one.”
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917