Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Londonderry house party leads to 20 arrests
Police received a call from a resident shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday informing them that some neighbors “were having a loud party and people kept walking to and from their cars,” according to police reports.
Shortly after, police saw a dozen vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac at the end of Seasons Lane. Meanwhile, another officer questioned a driver in a vehicle and learned that the driver and passenger were looking for a house in the neighborhood where a party was going on.
Arriving at the house, police knocked on the front door several times, while they heard another door open and close, followed by rustling noises coming from the back woods.
Police used a loud speaker to make a further request that someone come to the door. Shortly after, a young man later identified as Nicholas Beaton answered the door, accompanied by the young woman who had called her father.
After escorting officers into the house, police said they discovered “large amounts of alcohol and a large group of subjects hiding” inside.
Beaton also faces charges of facilitating an underage drinking party, police said. After being released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, he is due to appear in Derry Circuit Court on May 19.
“Rather than clearing the scene after not hearing any large noises at first, the officers realized it is school vacation week and many families are away on vacation,” Olson said. “Having this in mind, the officers remained in the area in case there was an underage drinking party going on, resulting in locating one.”
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
- Mass. man charged with kidnapping - 0
- Keene Pumpkin Festival issues to get full airing Tuesday - 1
- Driver charged after man falls off car’s hood - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 6
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 1
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 7
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483