Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Londonderry house party leads to 20 arrests
Police received a call from a resident shortly after 11 p.m. on Tuesday informing them that some neighbors “were having a loud party and people kept walking to and from their cars,” according to police reports.
Shortly after, police saw a dozen vehicles parked in the cul-de-sac at the end of Seasons Lane. Meanwhile, another officer questioned a driver in a vehicle and learned that the driver and passenger were looking for a house in the neighborhood where a party was going on.
Arriving at the house, police knocked on the front door several times, while they heard another door open and close, followed by rustling noises coming from the back woods.
Police used a loud speaker to make a further request that someone come to the door. Shortly after, a young man later identified as Nicholas Beaton answered the door, accompanied by the young woman who had called her father.
After escorting officers into the house, police said they discovered “large amounts of alcohol and a large group of subjects hiding” inside.
Beaton also faces charges of facilitating an underage drinking party, police said. After being released on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, he is due to appear in Derry Circuit Court on May 19.
“Rather than clearing the scene after not hearing any large noises at first, the officers realized it is school vacation week and many families are away on vacation,” Olson said. “Having this in mind, the officers remained in the area in case there was an underage drinking party going on, resulting in locating one.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Total Votes: 917