Instead of Londonderry, new charter school settles on Manchester location
The school initially targeted Londonderry, but couldn't find a suitable site. It identified a building at 5 Perimeter Road that The Founders Academy Foundation, which wrote the school's charter, is buying for $1.5 million, he said.
"If I have 101 applications, I have to have a lottery, but 100 will get in," he said.
At close to 60,000 square feet, the Manchester location will accommodate up to 650 students, which is the cap for the school's charter. The school hopes to grow by 100 students a year.
There were 2,097 students enrolled in public charter schools as of last October.
Charter schools receive state adequacy funds to help run their schools: $3,749.15 per kindergartner and $5,490.80 per student in grades one through 12.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.