Betsy McCaughey: Republicans are wimping out on Obamacare
Nonsense. Even by the most inflated Obama administration claims, some 8 million people have signed up for exchange plans, out of a nation of 318 million. Obamacare is repealable, and should be replaced with a plan to cover the uninsured and reduce costs.
Navigators and assisters: (Sec. 1311) Instead of government employees promoting Obamacare and enrolling the uninsured, the law reserves these jobs for community activists, unions, community health clinics and other not-for-profits. Players include the NAACP, Planned Parenthood, and Service Employees International Union (SEIU). Hiring these groups is a way to fund the shadow army of the Democratic Party in between elections.
Betsy McCaughey, a former lt. governor of New York, is a syndicated columnist.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin eyes consolidating city, school offices - 0
- Fines proposed for alleged labor violations at Unity Elementary School construction site - 1
- Group has plans to spruce up downtown Nashua - 0
- More than $5 million in surplus may offset Nashua tax rate - 1
- Gas pipeline proposal prompts Hollis meeting - 1
- Manchester aldermanic committee supports ordinance banning 'spice' - 1
- Exeter breaks ground on new YMCA project - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 1
- Traffic concerns follow Keene park redesign proposals - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof