Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Cumberland Farms robbed in Goffstown
Security cameras recorded an armed robbery at Cumberland Farms on Mast Road on Wednesday. Police are asking anyone with information to call 497-4858. (COURTESY)
Police said a Hispanic male entered the store at 772 Mast Road around 9:39 p.m., brandished what appeared to be a black, semi-automatic handgun, and demanded money and cigarettes. He left on foot heading toward Mast Road.
Surveillance cameras recorded the robbery. The suspect, believed to be between 5-foot-6 and 5-foot-8, is seen wearing a black, short-sleeved T-shirt over a gray, long-sleeved shirt and dark-colored pants and a black baseball cap. A blue and white bandana covered his face.
The investigation is still in the preliminary stages, but Chauvette said officers are studying the surveillance tape and canvassing the neighborhood. Police are also checking security cameras at neighboring businesses to see if they captured anything that might be helpful, Chauvette said.
About a half-dozen armed robberies were reported in Goffstown within the last year. The weapons involved included a metal pipe, a small wooden bat, and firearms. Arrests have been made in some of those cases, Chauvette said.
The Cumberland Farms robbery occurred in a busy area during peak business hours, pointing to a more brazen type of offender, Chauvette said.
Police have responded with more vigilant patrols. Officers observe retail parking lots, especially near closing times. Patrolmen also keep a close eye on the two 24-hour stores in town, Chauvette said.
Police ask anyone with information regarding this case to contact the police department at 497-4858.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge OKs early release for former teacher convicted of possessing child porn - 0
- Nashua man indicted for allegedly shooting girlfriend - 0
- Manchester 7-Eleven robbed for fourth time - 0
- Manchester couple faces robbery, theft charges after Salem mall incident - 0
- Chainsaw-wielding man facing multiple charges over Sept. incident - 0
- Woman faces assault charge after Monopoly game gets out of hand - 15
- Plea deal gives shooter 15-30 years in 2012 death of Manchester man - 0
- Missouri governor urges calm ahead of grand jury decision on shooting; findings to be announced at 9 p.m. - 0
- Two Manchester brothers indicted in Nashua drive-by shooting - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 1
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483