Home » News » Politics » State Government
Bill allowing medical professionals to report unfit drivers heads to governor
The report of safety officials would have to be based on an evaluation, not just an observation.
Opponents have said the bill would violate patient-physician confidentiality and greatly expands those who would have immunity.
Originally, the bill would have established a committee to study reinstating mandatory driving tests for license renewals after 75, but the proposal was opposed by groups representing the elderly, who said it was discriminatory.
Sad said Bette Champney's husband was one of two motorcyclists killed in Westmoreland during an Aug. 25, 2012, memorial run for fallen soldier Army Spc. Justin Rollins of Newport.
The bill is supported by the American Association of Retired Persons and the New Hampshire Medical Society.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua electorate to decide if inflation change is worth it - 0
- Derry's tax rate drops as property valuations increase - 0
- Derry's property tax rate drops - 0
- Officials say old Hudson library hemorrhaging money - 0
- AG sued over documents in former Rockingham County attorney case - 5
- Town tax rate about to get lower - 0
- Derry Councilors vote to change starting time of meetings: earlier time will be tried for a month - 0
- Police want to know what Goffstown stakeholders think - 0
- Few attend Derry’s meet and greet for new administrator - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 2
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 5
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four