Home » News » Politics » State Government
Bill allowing medical professionals to report unfit drivers heads to governor
The report of safety officials would have to be based on an evaluation, not just an observation.
Opponents have said the bill would violate patient-physician confidentiality and greatly expands those who would have immunity.
Originally, the bill would have established a committee to study reinstating mandatory driving tests for license renewals after 75, but the proposal was opposed by groups representing the elderly, who said it was discriminatory.
Sad said Bette Champney's husband was one of two motorcyclists killed in Westmoreland during an Aug. 25, 2012, memorial run for fallen soldier Army Spc. Justin Rollins of Newport.
The bill is supported by the American Association of Retired Persons and the New Hampshire Medical Society.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Maine governor bemoans move of 8 child immigrants to his state - 0
- Revenue from gas tax increase ramps up paving state highways - 1
- Executive Council approves Medicaid expansion contract - 0
- 'Aerospace corridor' eyed between Quebec and New England - 0
- Vanity plate rules seek balance - 25
- Gov. Hassan signs Paycheck Fairness Act - 0
- PILOT agreement allowed to stand after Hassan signs bill - 0
- GOP gubernatorial candidate Havenstein says use of 'teabaggers' a 'poor choice of words' - 36
- Abortion buffer-zone law awaits Thursday, when it goes on the books - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket